It is very common for people to get fine lines and wrinkles as they grow older. However, there is a whole lot of difference between these two as fine lines are milder while wrinkles leave a deeper impact on the skin. Both of them are treated using similar damage prevention and skin tightening methods. The primary requirement to prevent wrinkles and fine lines is to limit that amount of UVA or UVB exposure.
There are four very common types of wrinkles and not all of them occur due to the aging of the skin.
- The Atrophic crinkling rhytids can occur anywhere on the human body. They are basically parallel lines formed on the body but disappear as soon as the skin is stretched. The most common line is found in between the eyebrows and on the forehead. It does not require a specific age to occur.
- The permanent elastic creases are those crease lines that gradually start to deepen as a person begins to mature and grow older. The most common places where they show up are cheeks, the base of the neck and upper lip.
- Some wrinkles are formed due to repeated or excessive movement of the facial muscles. These movements can cause creases that become more permanent with time.
- The final type of wrinkles results only due to aging and is known as gravitational folds. The skin begins to fold and lose structure naturally with growing age.
The Different Types Of Wrinkles & Fine Lines Treatment:
If fine lines are treated at an early age then they can prevent deeper wrinkles. These fine lines gradually become wrinkles as the skin ages due to the breaking down process of the elastin and collagen that is present beneath the skin’s surface. Wrinkles can occur all over the body as the person begins to grow older. In order to minimize the intensity of the wrinkles, there are certain wrinkles & fine lines treatment.
Non-surgical steps and precautions that help in avoiding premature wrinkling are:
- Avoiding the direct UV rays by applying SPF or sunscreen every day. This must be not avoided during the winter and must be applied in every season. It not only protects your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun but also other harsh and rough environmental factors.
- Using medically recommended skin care products and ingredients.
- Focusing on advanced treatments such as laser skin resurfacing, microdermabrasion and chemical peels. These treatments help in removing the damaged skin and cells in order for smoother looking skin to grow.
- Eat foods that are good for boosting and rejuvenating your skin
- Maintain a good lifestyle habit by Resting, exercising and sleeping on time
The basic wrinkles can be easily treated using home remedies or meditation but there are certainly aggressive and fast techniques to avoid wrinkles and fine lines.
These aggressive options are more medically oriented, such as injections of fillers or plastic surgery. The surgical options are:
- The surgical procedure Dermabrasion helps in controlled abrasion or wearing away of upper layers of the skin. It removes fine wrinkles, acne scars, moles. Nevi, etc.
- The laser therapy removes the outer skin layer using laser beams and stimulates a fresh and tighter skin.
Other such treatments are Botox treatment, facelift, chemical peels, fillers, etc. Wrinkles are only natural aspects of life and are bound to occur at one point or another. However, for those people who wish to avoid such facial problems can always opt for wrinkles & fine lines treatment.